Saturday, October 17, 2009

part 2

It isn't nice of me to get you all interested in an event and then not to tell you about what happened. So, I was not able to get sick. I couldn't even manage to learn "I don't know any songs in Chinese" in Chinese. So the party happened. We got there early so we could sit with the crazy teachers instead of with the old men and the principal. It was interesting. The two guys next to me kept filling up my bowl with food, so I didn't have to. There was constant karaoke blaring in the background. The DJ announced that "in the course of the meal the two beautiful English teachers would be singing." Well that put my heart to rest instantly. He wasn't even thinking about us, he was thinking about the two "beautiful" english teachers. I started feeling really bad for poor Jean and Amanda though, it really stinks to be forced to sing.

The principal kept walking by us and talking to Naomi about her song and once he brought her the Karaoke book so she could pick one..I was suddenly busy talking to a student so he didn't say anything to me. ;) Anyways Nomes diappeared for a while and I heard someone saying Naomi and Patricia were going to sing. I of course didn't "really" hear it because it was in Chinese. So I kept eating and someone else sang. Then Naomi came back and the principal wearing his pants unusually high (for back support, I guess) announced she'd be singing. The poor girl. She did sing, but she didn't sing for the principal she sang for her friend and I was so proud of her for doing it. She was amazing and she saved my life in the process. Since Naomi sang I didn't have to. Though, if they had had "yellow" by Coldplay I would have sang it, just for Jacob "And they were all yellow"...I love my racist brother. ;)

2 comments:

  1. My friend. Mr Lin. Who is married. -_- And I'm singing "Kiss Goodbye" with him, for him, with him standing next to me the whole time, his red-from-booze face grinning at me. And I'll have you know I NEVER said "kiss you goodbye". I said "Shake Hands Goodbye". Just for safety. ;-)

    And that was for you. Trish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh what a nice friend. :)

    Haha yeah I love my racist brother too. :)

    ReplyDelete