Thursday, October 22, 2009

Of boys and rings

So, on Tuesday one of my third graders put a ring on my finger and said he loved me. I kissed him, of course, because that's what you do when a boy puts a ring on your finger. I guess I knew it wouldn't last forever and that he'd change his mind eventually and find a new girl. BUT I hadn't expected it to happen the very next day! It was Naomi's birthday and I guess he felt he had chosen the wrong English teacher because he took the ring off my finger and gave it to Naomi. =(

Then today, Racky, one of my fifth grade boys, gave me a ring. He has a matching one. I don't know how excited i can get about this one. The only two things he can say in English are "I love you" and "goodbye." That definitely does not bode well for a long term relationship.

This is the first ring. If you look closely you'll see two skulls on it.

This is the second ring. It's a litle more simple and it's green. =)

2 comments: