Sunday, January 10, 2010

Finally, some Chinese I can use

I've told you about one of my Chinese teachers, the one who mostly teaches me how to talk to animals. But I have another teacher two. She is 25 and is so fun. In my last lesson with her she taught me what to say to guys who ask me "Where are you going?" or "Where do you want to go?"If you like the guy you say "I want to go in your heart." This seems like a very useful phrase, no? My only problem is that the words "go to" and "eat" in Chinese sound very similar to me and I usually end up saying "I want to eat your heart."
But I've been practicing the phrase and hoping for an opportunity to say it. It would totally shock someone because it's something usually only Taiwanese people know about. So I was riding my bike to meet Naomi at a beauty salon and this guy in a car yelled across to me "Where are you going?" I smiled and then said...




absolutely nothing (What can I say? I'm a chicken ;) )

2 comments:

  1. hahah! I probably wouldn't have been able to either... Maybe next time though, hey?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bah ha ha!!! That is hilarious! I can totally picture you standing there wishing you could yell "I want to eat your heart!" across the road, but blushing and turning away instead. I love you!

    ReplyDelete