Thursday, September 3, 2009

no....they really have lost their minds

As everyone knows I am back in Taiwan. My coming back has definitely caused quite a stir around here. Rumors had been going around about why I wasn't going to come back. Some people thought my parents were mean and wouldn't let me come back even though I wanted to. Other people thought that I had to go to America to get married (this paired with me accidentally wearing my promise ring on my left hand has made for some interesting explanations.) =( But that's not the only thing everyone is talking about. They believe that both Naomi and I have come back more "beautiful" than when we left. They seriously argue and develop theories about it. One theory is that we had surgery done. A few people think that we found love in America and love makes us beautiful. A third theory (and my personal favorite) is that the food and weather in America is better for us. Other people just assume that our "glow" will go away with time and plenty of rice.

So this is Taiwan. This is what they talk about. Sometimes I just don't know whether I should laugh or cry.


okay so it is stinkin' amusing ;)


5 comments:

  1. YOU HAVE A BLOG! Yay, I'm so glad. Now I can follow your day-to-day happenings without getting the short end of the stick when you've already told the same story to 57 other people.
    But good luck with those Taiwanese. They're SO weird--always theorizing. Doesn't sound like anyone I know. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What will happen when we turn ugly again? @_@

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are hilarious and I am so happy that you have started a blog so that I can keep up with all your adventures! I love you! Keep writing:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! That is absolutely hilarious! I was laughing my head off!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow i think they nailed it on the Tricia found love thing.It was probably that guy at safeway.

    ReplyDelete