Friday, April 1, 2011

Teaching English to Nepali Monks

I have a new STUDENT! She's in second grade and is from Nepal. She hasn't been in America very long, so she does not understand a lot of English. When I first met her, i thought she didn't like me, 'cause she was so quiet. But, of course, she can't understand the crazy white person who keeps blabbing at her. I'm pretty excited about working with her. I'm going to print up as many pictures as possible to teach her colors, shapes, numbers and work on opposites. Oh and I've been watching Nepal tutorials on youtube. I'm going to greet her in her language next week! She probably won't understand me and will think I'm still speaking English, but hey, I've got to start somewhere. Anyways, YAY I FINALLY GET TO KEEP ONE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oil28IxqSq8&feature=related

4 comments:

  1. Oh yeah, so while researching about Nepal, i found out that they have a position for someone to come teach English to Napali Monks. Wouldn't that be fun?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that her in the video? That little girl is adorable!

    ReplyDelete