Thursday, May 20, 2010

don't cry in trees, the ants will bite your face.

This really hasn't been a good week. I can't figure out why. I'm happy to be back with my students and the other teachers, but I'm a little bit grouchy. I hate being this way and the more I try to figure out why the more frustrated I get. So I guess I'll just attribute it to my body hating me for putting it through plane flights and jet lag and insufficient sleep. =( I definitely felt better this morning I slept from 9-7. It felt really good. I always like Friday because I get to teach my third graders. They really love anything I want to teach them. I always feel more relaxed and at ease with them. They're a bit of a refuge for me, only today was different. I was teaching my second class when I got dragged into the other classroom by principal bai to "take a picture" or that's what he said to get me to come. A camera crew had come to the other class room to interview them about using newspapers in the classroom to teach. I don't know why they needed to interview me, but interview me they did. I had no time to fix my hair or to think about what I wanted to say. The teacher seemed to know that it made me upset, no one else cared. I cried afterwords in a tree by myself. The ants bit my face. Ouch.

1 comment:

  1. This is the main reason I wage war with the ants. So we can cry in peace and safety.

    ReplyDelete