Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Homesickness: it comes for each of us

After a month of having my brother and sister with me, I find that it isn't any easier to see them leave. I enjoyed having them here so much. I had forgotten how homesick I was until I had such a big piece of home with me. I can't really explain why it is that I feel so much more complete when they are here. Suddenly, I make sense. I had never realized how weird and how special my family was until I was by myself and somewhat hard to explain or understand. Then suddenly there are three of me here and we're all similar in certain respects and it makes sense, I make sense. It's really great to be understood by the people around you. It's really great not to feel like an oddness. For a little while, I was the majority. It I was Keller Rule. I can't say how awesome it is to relax into the background and to just watch my brother and sister interact with the other people I love. I got to watch them and see how they show Christ's love to everyone around them...I was so happy and so proud of them. I guess being so happy wasn't the best preparation for them leaving me. Now, all I really want is to be with my whole family and to never have anyone leave me again.

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean...I am never as much "Me" as when I am with all of you guys. I miss you sister!

    ReplyDelete