Wednesday, June 16, 2010

butt bumping part 2

i had the priviledge of being a part of Hi Chians' 6th grade graduation party. It's the second one I attended. The first one I went to had left scars on my mind, for one thing it meant saying goodbye to my 6th graders, for another it meant dancing the chicken dance and bumping butts with the principal...But this time, the pressure was off me. I didn't teach 6th grade this year, so it was Naomi's chance. So when the dancing started I tried to keep my distance. At one point a student grabbed me and made me dance with the group. It was okay, but after a while they switched to a dance about a snail. "snail, snail, you don't have eyes, you don't have ears. I have eyes and I have ears." It got a little weird so I decided to try and escape... so me and another teacher Alice, decided to run towards the back...only one problem, there was no door and the student was coming after me...so without thinking, I jumped out the open window and ran around to the front of the building. FREEDOM! Then I snuck back inside and climbed to the second floor where I could watch the dancing without getting dragged in. It was really funny watching Naomi dancing with the two single teachers, Sam and Jason. haha and then when the chicken dance and the butt bumping began I was a safe distance away. I have to say, I really enjoyed the dancing this year. =) And Naomi didn't seem to mind either.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I didn't mind bumping butts with single men. You know, that's like, my specialty.

    @_@

    NOOO. Trauma. But you still win, this time the highest up the chain would have been Coach, and I just can't even imagine bumping butts with Coach. Doesn't that seem morally really wrong? Ok, any butt bumping it. Alas. My Moral compass is starting to point in strange directions. Just don't anyone mention a future boyfriend. :-( And I'm so glad the principal decided to drink beer (sweet beer!) instead of dance this year.

    ReplyDelete