Thursday, October 29, 2009

overly protective?

Last weekend Naomi and I visited Taipei with our two younger sisters. We had many a good time and our biggest adventure was coming home, but I refuse to tell that story right now. I'd rather laugh with you (or alone, depending on whether or not you find certain things as strange and suggestive as I do) about certain oddities of Taiwan life.

What you see in this picture is two vending machines one is a gum ball machine and the other vends bouncy balls.




This next picture is not of bouncy balls, but of individually wrapped gumballs. I haven't decided if this is pure genious or a sign of hygenic obsession.
I'm thinking the next time I feel a little overly cared for and controlled over here I will use code phrase "Individually wrapped gumballs" to let Nomes know it's time to go home. Or maybe I can use it for overly protective parents "they are so the wrapped gumball type"

Okay...so maybe I am the only one laughing. WHO CARES?!!!







This last picture isn't anything special or funny. It's just a soda vending machine in Taiwan, just in case you were wondering.




You can't really see if but in this picture Coke and Pepsi are residing peacefully side by side. Let this give us all hope that one day World peace can actually be achieved.




Thank you
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. and yet...as I gaze in wonder at the supernatural occurrence of coke and pepsi side by side...I realize...they're NOT. And thus, the possibility and hope for world peace is once again....crushed. Thank you Patricia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha! I am laughing with you my sister:) I LOVE that wrapped gumball=overly protective, and i love that you equate Pepsi and Coke being in the same machine as a sign of future world peace. You are hilarious;)

    ReplyDelete